Saturday, October 9, 2010

This morning was an absolutely beautiful day! Doodles and I Walked Now for Autism Speaks and it was a perfect day for it. The sun was shining and the park was filled with kids having fun for a great cause!!! What more can you ask?!?! Wait...I know, I really need one of these things:



YES!!! A Bubble Bus...So many of the kids were filled with enjoyment and we ended up there for close to an hour, a short break to bounce in a bouncy thing for 5 minutes and back to the bubbles.
Doodles absolutely LOVED it!! Good times :-)

Tonight...I am anxious and that is atrocious on so many levels. It is opening night of the sport I love, the home town team that I have grown to love. I have not missed an opening night in almost 8 years and I will not miss this one but my stomach is torn up with the dread of the possibility of what may or may not happen tonight. AAAAHHHHH...someday my head will be straight and my emotions will not do this to me. I should be able to go to a game and relax - that is what it is supposed to be about! I work hard, I should be able to enjoy the fruits of that labor a little.

4 comments:

M said...

Looks like you had a fun day. That bubble bus reminds me of the time the Oscar Meyer Wienie Wagon showed up at one of the stores I worked at... it blew bubbles all over the place and kids were going crazy for it.

kc said...

I cannot tell you how much I want a bubble bus, lookin like Oscar Mayer or not! I would be the most popular adult EVER!!! The squeals of joy coming from those autistic kids was amazing :)

Foursons said...

As a parent with a child on the spectrum I thank you for doing this today.

kc said...

In St Louis we raised over $700,000 for Autism...and we are still going. We are keeping the fundraising going until Dec 31st. We are going to break records this year (we already have)!!!! That's our goal....we will find answers someday. Doodles may be on the teetering on the spectrum, or maybe not - but having those words said to me sparked something in me and I will never stop. :)