Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas

I hope that everyone had a wonderful day filled with much love, peace, happiness and joy. Christmas for me was successful, at least I think it was.....presents were sent and received on time for those that I love, Santa found Doodles at my parents house and he received his beloved DSI.

For me, I spent time with Friends throughout the month, family this past week...so I had lots of fun! I received the book Room by Emma Donoghue from one of my friends. She got it for me because my relationship with Doodles reminded her of the relationship with the mother and son in the book (but seriously, books are perfect for me...always!!!). So funny because I was going to get it from the library....thank goodness I own it. It is one of those books that I will read over and over again. I can see why the relationship would remind my friend of Doodles and mine. I do not often recommend things, but I would say that this is a MUST read! I smiled, I cried, and I cringed...but it is beautifully written and it reaches out and grabs you. I suggest having time to sit down and read it because its one of those books that you will not want to put down.

My mom and I are going shopping tomorrow for my Christmas present(s) from my parents. She firmly believes in making sure that we all get things that we really want/like/need.

All in all, I believe that Christmas was successful this year. Is it bad that I am kinda happy that it is over and I can move on to try and get through the next 6 months?!?!?!

4 comments:

M said...

Oooh, I almost bought you that book after you were talking about it! I'll have to buy a copy on my Kindle... it does sound like a must read.

I'm happy you had a nice Christmas!

kc said...

I still have a present waiting for me...yay for comfy reading hoodies!!! :)

M said...

Yes! And it's a special *bonus* hoodie... you'll see what I mean when you open your box...

I'm anxious to hear what Doodles thinks about his present! 7 year olds can be so critical... my self-esteem is riding on his reaction! ;)

kc said...

I so cannot wait! I love hoodies!!!

You are so funny...as soon as he gets it I will be sure to report back. I can't let you live in a state on flux ;)