Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter & a Conversation

Me: Doodles, its almost bathtime...get in here and drink your chocolate milk!!!

Doodles: Actually, my chocolate milk was already all gone I just poured me more.

Me: You are getting so big, what do you need me for? I may as well move out...

Doodles: shakes head

Me: Oh yeah, you need me to pay the rent.

Doodles: nods head

Me: chuckles

Doodles: and besides I don't even know how to use the stove. All I know if how to make hot dogs and pizza in the microwave. I'll need you until I am eighteen. Wait, probably older than that because half-sister is eighteen and she is just now learning to cook.

Me: Oh, dude, you are sooooo going to know how to cook before you are eighteen!!!

Doodles: you are still going to have to clean my clothes though.

Hmmmmm.....so, this here would be a look into my future. The boy child will NOT be going away to college. Not for any other reason then my laundry abilities. How shocked will he be when he is doing his own laundry at the age of 11??? Well, let's not make me useless yet.....HA, who am I kidding I still control the checkbook! Sorta........


Happy Easter! I really need to let you in on the conversation that happened Saturday morning -- I need those childlike viewpoints on life. God in His infinite wisdom surrounded us with beauty...I hope that you take a moment to reflect on the beauty around you, ya never know when it will be uprooted. Please remember, no matter what you are facing: pain is temporary, joy is eternal!!!! God Bless!

No comments: