Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Battle has been Selected

I just wanted to follow up on the whole hate thing. This past week was filled with tears and reflection.....I have to allow hate into my being...

Yep, I am acknowledging it as a valid emotion. I don't like it. It makes me uncomfortable. But, as much as I would like to bury it in the dark recesses of myself, or run and hide from it I just don't think that would be healthy.

I am looking at it like a germy disease. When ya catch something the red/white blood cells come out and do battle until that germy nasty is gone and ya are back to yourself. Well, maybe emotions will work the same way. Maybe the Strength/Love that I have inside of me will go to war with this gross ole hate-bug and push it out of me until it is no more.

Forgiveness comes from a place of love. If you are not feeling love in your heart, there is no way to find forgiveness for the things that have taken place. There is a whole lotta forgiving that is still left to do and I am obviously not in a loving place.

Love always wins over hate: it is a truth that I know. I have a fair share of love floating around inside of me, so the battle inside may be epic but everything will work out.

3 comments:

Foursons said...

I agree with you on this. All of our emotions are OK to have at one point or another. But be careful that you don't allow the anger to take over your life.

XO said...

I agree with you & with Foursons!

kc said...

I think that the best way not to let it take over my life is to acknowledge it is there and not let it run my life. So, I have this uncomfortable feeling running around inside of me....I am not going to let it ruin my time with Doodles or my enjoyment at my job.

I work so hard to push down/cover negative...its exhausting and does take over in a way. Because when I am exhausted like that it allows my depression to creep in and feed on the negative I am trying so hard to pretend is not there. By validating the feelings I am not allowing negatives to feed on negatives...I really do think that the positives are going to have a chance to purge out the negatives much like the positive feelings are what pushes me through episodes of depression.

Its about letting love rule and not being exhausted by refusing to acknowledge negative emotions.

And that probably doesn't make much sense :)