Saturday, December 11, 2010

A New Day

I allowed myself to wallow in sadness yesterday after my therapy appointment. The way I figure it I am taking the steps....a girl has to realize that sometimes the steps are slippery and ya slip. I cannot and will not beat myself up for going there yesterday.

Today is a new day and it's time for some positivity from me.

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” - Mahatma Gandhi

So, I remind myself that I can heal and I can be ok with the girl I presently am. My life as it has been may have been hard, but I refuse to believe that I do not have the capacity to heal from what was....As Gandhi says, I may not have had it then but if I believe that it is possible I will be able to heal from those hurdles that life has thrown at me.

Have a wonderful weekend!

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” - Confucious

2 comments:

Foursons said...

Good for you girl. Hang in there and keep on keepin' on.

kc said...

thanks! I am living (or trying) every day in a more positive way I can. But, I am also learning to forgive myself when it hits me...I need to allow myself those feelings, I just cannot get lost in them.