Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pain

Pain. I have felt it and as much as I have stated in this here blog that I just want it to stop I would continue to feel it ten times worse if it meant those that I care about didn't have to feel even an ounce of the heartbreak that I have felt over the years.

Everyone feels things differently...I know what the pain is like to lose and not know why or how to stop it. I know how I felt, how I still feel on those days when I ache and there is nothing anyone can say to ease that pain. I absolutely cannot stand that I have so many friends going through so much and there is nothing I can say to ease their pain. All I can do is stand here. Yes, I know from experience that having someone just stand there ready to listen for that painful scream is a blessing. But, I must admit that I still wish that there was someway I could lift all of those painful burdens from the lost job to the very personal pain and take it on myself.

Eleanor Roosevelt said "You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give." She also said, "When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor." Ya know what I say....can't life cut some of us a little slack??? Sometimes it would be nice to watch a plethora of good things happen to those I love for extended periods of time.

2 comments:

XO said...

This was the worst possible week for me to go "unplugged"! Stupid Perez Hilton dot com crashing the computer... thank goodness I'm plugged into the internet again... I totally get what you're writing about here and you said it well. Of course your compassion for others despite all of the pain you've experienced is one of the many things that makes me so thankful to have you in my life. Hugs to you!

kc said...

Hugs back to you!!!

It just seems like the world is crashing for so many and all I can do is be there....but there really is nothing anyone can do or say and I know that so well. I think I would prefer being the one in pain, I handle it better :/